🔕 🔔

Gelatin sheet vs. gelatin granules.

I have a recipe that calls for 2 sheets of gelatin. I have 1/4 oz. bags of granules. Is this even Steven for a swap? Also, the recipe says to bloom these two sheets in 2 cups of cold water, then wring it out. I'm assuming I won't be able to wring out a 1/4 bags of gelatin powder. How should I bloom this other gelatin? Thanks!

asked by Summer of Eggplant almost 6 years ago
84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

There's a pretty wide range that you can use and still be successful. One packet will probably be more than enough for 2 sheets. One packet gels two cups of water to a firm set, if that's what you're going for in the end. And as for the blooming, you'll just sprinkle and let it sit or dissolve it in a little warm water (or whatever liquid you're using in the recipe) and add the rest cool.

Here's David Lebovitz for when you have more time to peruse the matter: http://www.davidlebovitz...

Cd4936f2 2555 42a6 bab6 b78ae625f4ec  img 3538

Thanks, I am baffled as I am trying to set 5 cups, maybe 1.5 packets? perhaps the recipe is off, it would not be the first one in this cookbook.

I'd go ahead with 1 1/2 packets and keep notes for when you make it again! Good luck.

We will see, it's setting in the fridge now. I'll let you know and thanks!