Freezing Lemon Juice

Forgive me if this has been covered somewhere already, but has anyone had success freezing lemon juice/zest? I have a gorgeous meyer lemon that I don't think I will be able to use and I don't want to waste it! I read somewhere about freezing the juice/zest in ice cube trays (maybe here!) but have not tried it.

Thanks!

lorigoldsby
lorigoldsby August 15, 2011

Lucky you! here is the previous post which mentions freezing in ice cube trays
http://www.food52.com/foodpickle...

Georgiee
Georgiee August 15, 2011

It's very easy and recommended to freeze both the juice and the zest. I actually freeze them both in ziploc bags laid flat out until they freeze. You can then break off any size amount without thawing the rest but keeping it nice and fresh (no freezer taste.)

alygator
alygator August 15, 2011

Thank you both!

SouffleBombay
SouffleBombay August 15, 2011

The ice cube tray is the way to go! My kids just pop out a couple whenever they want and whip up their own lemonade...they love it!

davidpdx
davidpdx August 16, 2011

I make my own limoncello and accumulate lots of peeled lemons. What's really convenient is to put the juice into those flexible silicone ice cube trays. Mine make a nearly square cube of about one lemon each. Once frozen, pop out and keep in a zipper-lock bag.