Water Fasting tips please

Going for Water fasting with our friends to support Anna Hazare tips to help us be prepared and successfully get over the hump . http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/anna-hazare-s-fast-against-corruption-strikes-huge-chord-96593

sdebrango August 23, 2011

Wow, pauljoseph I applaud you for your resolve and dedication to the cause. Be careful, hopefully someone with a medical background would read this and is able to give you advice. I know it's very difficult initially. I have done liquid fasts but never just water. I drank fruit and vegetable juices.

susan g August 23, 2011

In my working years I often met people who were fasting. Many times I heard that the beginning was difficult, but it was followed by simple energy and feeling good. Water fasting is rigid and demanding. There will be people, if you are with a group, who have experience or medical knowledge who will support the others. There will also be misinformation, probably, and it's important to sort it out.
Here's an article that looks conservative and helpful. Before and after will be important, too, and how long you continue is too. http://www.ehow.com/how_2032961_do...
I wish you and your friends do well -- good cause!

drbabs August 23, 2011

Take care of yourself, pauljoseph... be safe.

SKK August 24, 2011

A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history.
Mohandas Gandhi

I salute your courage and the ledership of Anna Hazare! The cause you are fasting for and the community you are fasting with will allow for support. Don't know when you are starting but I would begin now by eating fruit and vegetables with no seasoning, dropping caffeine, alcohol, spices and fatty or processed food. Then when you geing the water fast you won't have as much toxins being released all at once and you can avoid some of the headaches etc.