Your personal shoppers, leaving home not required. Shop gift guides »
🔕 🔔

Water Fasting tips please

Going for Water fasting with our friends to support Anna Hazare tips to help us be prepared and successfully get over the hump . http://www.ndtv.com/article...

asked by pauljoseph over 5 years ago
2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

Wow, pauljoseph I applaud you for your resolve and dedication to the cause. Be careful, hopefully someone with a medical background would read this and is able to give you advice. I know it's very difficult initially. I have done liquid fasts but never just water. I drank fruit and vegetable juices.

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

In my working years I often met people who were fasting. Many times I heard that the beginning was difficult, but it was followed by simple energy and feeling good. Water fasting is rigid and demanding. There will be people, if you are with a group, who have experience or medical knowledge who will support the others. There will also be misinformation, probably, and it's important to sort it out.
Here's an article that looks conservative and helpful. Before and after will be important, too, and how long you continue is too. http://www.ehow.com/how_2032961_do...
I wish you and your friends do well -- good cause!

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

Take care of yourself, pauljoseph... be safe.

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history.
Mohandas Gandhi

I salute your courage and the ledership of Anna Hazare! The cause you are fasting for and the community you are fasting with will allow for support. Don't know when you are starting but I would begin now by eating fruit and vegetables with no seasoning, dropping caffeine, alcohol, spices and fatty or processed food. Then when you geing the water fast you won't have as much toxins being released all at once and you can avoid some of the headaches etc.