eggplant draining: do you rinse before you pat dry? Or do you leave the salt on and pat that?

Alice Waters recipe for Ratatouille

asked by Dillybean about 7 years ago

Jenie

I rinse it before patting it dry. Hope that helps!

I didn't rinse it but I also didn't add any more salt to the dish.

Esther Plume

I don't rinse, as I figure most of the salt will be taken away by the water that comes out of the aubergine during the salting process... I have been known to skip the salting process entirely, as I'm told that newer varieties that are found in the shops nowadays are considerably less bitter, and so the process isn't needed....

Droplet

Here is a link to a recent similar discussion on the subject:
http://www.food52.com/foodpickle...