A question about a recipe: Tuna Confit

7909cf4e c921 4214 b099 bb374596f629  picture 2

I have a question about step 2 on the recipe "Tuna Confit" from The Perennial Plate. It says:

"Tightly pack the tuna, garlic, thyme and lemon zest in a baking dish and pour over olive oil to cover the tuna. Bake at 225-250 for an hour. Remove from the oven and let rest until it reaches room temperature. Store the tuna in the oil until ready to use."
Can you freeze the confit and if so, for how long?

asked by Lakeshore Treat about 7 years ago

usuba dashi

I would not freeze it., it may ruin it You can enjoy it in so many ways. Here are two . . . serve it cold as, as is, at a party and let everyone "smear" there toasts or crackers with this lovely tonne. You can also make a wonderful Nicoise for dinner or lunch. . . or my favourite is a picnic main.

perennialplate

I wouldn't jump to freezing it. The whole idea of cooking it in oil is that it helps to preserve it. You could leave it in the fridge for quite a while as long as it is covered in oil.