🔕 🔔

Can I substitute olive oil for vegetable oil in baking. What is the conversion rule?

asked by KKool about 5 years ago

**please ignore the many grammar and spelling typos in that response, especially the terrible "your."

0bc70c8a e153 4431 a735 f23fb20dda68  sarah chef
Reiney

Sarah is a trusted source on General Cooking.

Agree with ATG117. If it's for health reasons I'd go for grape seed oil instead - much more neutral flavour.

9b020dd9 e580 4120 a77e 061be276b7b0  imag0276

I would usually use canola oil or grape seed oil because their flavors are mild. I love olive oil in thing like shortbread it makes it crispy and adds that rich olive flavor but for regular baked goodies olive oil is to strong you could always try light olive oil if you really want to use olive oil it has a very mild taste.

Olive oil is too strong of a flavor for many recipes. Why use it when it will over power the flavor profile and costs 4x as much as appropriate oil?