What is Table sauce. It is not salt. I have a lot of old cookbokss like 1800 and early 1900 that call for table sauce and salt what is table sauce?

asked by benjamin_hall almost 8 years ago

TiggyBee

anyone

Isn't hard to believe that ketchup and mayo and A1 were once considered refined sauces.

innoabrd

Ketchup and mayo ARE pretty refined when people bother to make them themselves...

Lee & Perrins' Worcestershire sauce goes back to around 1837.

thirschfeld

Sauce American, as I like to call it, goes way back but ketchup was different then and it has been around a long time. I think it should be a mother sauce.