A question about a recipe: Quinoa and Kale Crustless Quiche

I have a question about the ingredient "cream cheese, cubed" on the recipe "Quinoa and Kale Crustless Quiche" from Hilarybee. Do you think you could sub something else for this ingredient? I often have all the other ingredients on hand, but not this one, so I'm wondering what else I might use. Feta?

• Posted by: shoopee
  • September 8, 2011
0f57980d 71fd 4114 a143 a99722a878bf  2018 0118 quinoa kale crustless quiche 3x2 julia gartland 7281
Recipe question for: Quinoa and Kale Crustless Quiche

Hilarybee
Hilarybee September 8, 2011

Shoopee, I've made it with many cheeses before. Feta will definitely work, I would just not use the cheddar, or perhaps use shredded mozzarella instead if you have it.
Goat cheese is also a good sub for the cream cheese.

shoopee
shoopee September 8, 2011

Thanks, Hilarybee! It looks great and I'll definitely be trying it sometime soon!

AntoniaJames September 8, 2011

Quinoa and feta are a great combo! I tested a recipe last spring for the bulk bin contest that had quinoa, feta and winter squash. Really tasty. I'll probably try this with feta, too. Great idea! ;o)

Gillies
Gillies September 8, 2011

It would also be good with quark, but chances are you will not have that around either, but should you be looking to experiment.

drbabs September 12, 2011

I made it today with plain Greek yogurt in place of the cream cheese (and with red quinoa). It was delicious--and I loved the way the red quinoa looked!