A question about a recipe: Quinoa and Kale Crustless Quiche

0f57980d 71fd 4114 a143 a99722a878bf  2018 0118 quinoa kale crustless quiche 3x2 julia gartland 7281

I have a question about the ingredient "cream cheese, cubed" on the recipe "Quinoa and Kale Crustless Quiche" from Hilarybee. Do you think you could sub something else for this ingredient? I often have all the other ingredients on hand, but not this one, so I'm wondering what else I might use. Feta?

asked by shoopee almost 7 years ago

Hilarybee

Shoopee, I've made it with many cheeses before. Feta will definitely work, I would just not use the cheddar, or perhaps use shredded mozzarella instead if you have it.
Goat cheese is also a good sub for the cream cheese.

shoopee

Thanks, Hilarybee! It looks great and I'll definitely be trying it sometime soon!

Quinoa and feta are a great combo! I tested a recipe last spring for the bulk bin contest that had quinoa, feta and winter squash. Really tasty. I'll probably try this with feta, too. Great idea! ;o)

Gillies

It would also be good with quark, but chances are you will not have that around either, but should you be looking to experiment.

I made it today with plain Greek yogurt in place of the cream cheese (and with red quinoa). It was delicious--and I loved the way the red quinoa looked!