🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: World's Easiest Falafel and Tzatziki

823c5ac6 846d 4e7c a039 62ecca3bfe83  2017 0425 world s easiest falafel bobbi lin 23796

I have a question about the ingredient "dried chickpeas, rinsed well and soaked overnight" on the recipe "World's Easiest Falafel and Tzatziki" from marisab67.
I soaked the chickpeas over night and have let them dry. Do I need to cook them too? (Some sites are saying that after soaking they need to be cooked.)
Thanks.

asked by JenMunn about 6 years ago

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

No. There's a slide show on the recipe page of Amanda and Merrill making the dish. They dry the soaked chickpeas on sheet pans lined with paper towels and then put them directly into the food processor.

67da29df 0253 44dd 98a1 250b49e519a4  hilary sp1

I did not cook them when I made the recipe last week. I soaked them for a little longer than "overnight" about 13 hours total.

Be53e5fa f5fe 4601 8d5e 7d9c096a5aed  nog
Niknud

Rachael is a trusted home cook.

Definately no cooking or they will be mushy. I also made this and soaked them overnight and dried them and popped them into the processor - it was declious! The only change I made was to chop the cucumbers by hand as we like a little bit more texture in the tzatziki then would have happened if I put them in the processor with the rest of the ingredients.