🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Spicy Turkey Meatloaf

56c5a433 e5a4 4371 a6d1 a07581a42f90  2015 1124 spicy turkey meatloaf bobbi lin 14822

I have a question about the ingredient "sriracha (or more to taste)" on the recipe "Spicy Turkey Meatloaf" from apartmentcooker. If I can't find it (I'm not sure what it is), what spice can I substitute for it?

asked by AprilTwoCats about 6 years ago

You can get it at any grocery store, usually in the Asian food aisle. Here's the most popular one. http://www.facebook.com...

F5f738ce d84d 46ae 90ce 1fb6b6051af3  yaa

It appears that it's being used to give the ketchup glaze a little "kick". So, I would just use any hot sauce that you have around, like a tablespoon of Frank's Red Hot or Tabasco (though I would use less than 1 Tbsp of Tabasco, since it's quite vinegary). If you don't have any hot sauce, just add 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper, or 1/2 tsp of paprika.

One thing to note is that Sriracha is a *little* sweet. If your substitute hot sauce isn't sweet, just add a pinch of sugar to the ketchup as well.

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

I've made it without sriracha; I used this as the glaze: http://www.food52.com/recipes...

Ohhhh, now that I've seen the bottle with the rooster on it, I know exactly was it is. I was secretly it was a spice related to sumac, a bottle of which I used for one recipe and which I could use it in something else. Ghost Tropic, I definitely have Louisiana Hot Sauce and use it on greens, hotdogs, popcorn (try it sometime), and prefer it to Tabasco.
The Dead Guy sauce is very interesting looking. Thanks for the link, drbabs!