A question about a recipe: Cardamom Peach Pie Filling

C4009e07 f414 470c 9c2a 3cbe73c292e4  peachy

I have a question about the recipe "Cardamom Peach Pie Filling" from MrsWheelbarrow. Am I crazy or did this make 2+ quarts? Had to boil another jar quickly!

asked by QueenOfGreen about 7 years ago

MrsWheelbarrow
MrsWheelbarrow

Cathy is a food preserving expert and author of Mrs. Wheelbarrow's Practical Pantry: Recipes and Techniques for Year-Round Preserving.

Did you weigh the fruit, or go by measuring? I've had an extra 1/2 c, but never an extra FOUR cups! Consider yourself lucky? :)

devendra

I also could not figure out how to get only 4 cups from 5 lbs of fruit. I got the 4 cups chopped fruit from only 2 lb. Would it be better to go with 4 cups or with 5 lbs??

devendra

Also, the suggested ratio implies that except for the stones and skin, 1 cup chopped fuit is over 1 lb. Really??

MrsWheelbarrow
MrsWheelbarrow

Definitely go with four cups of fruit.

QueenOfGreen

Oooohh. Sorry, yes, I bought 6 lbs of peaches, ate 2, threw 2 away (overripe), and then just went to town. So I didn't measure. Will pay more attention next time. Because there will definitely be a next time!