🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Balsamic Caramelized Onion and Blue Cheese Pizza

63e284bb 06a0 47bc b33a 4e1ad1d7dfe1  pizza2

I have a question about step 13 on the recipe "Balsamic Caramelized Onion and Blue Cheese Pizza" from adashofbitters. It says:

"Using pizza peel, guide pizza onto heated stone. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove, using pizza peel. Sprinkle thyme and remaining cheese over pizza."

What if I don't have a stone? can I do the same on a cooking sheet?

Thanks!

asked by Adri about 6 years ago

22b9ddc9 fc61 48a3 949e dee341974288  liz and dad

yes, you can bake the pizza on a parchment-lined cookie sheet, if you don't have a pizza stone. Put the pan on the bottom-most rack of the oven.

You should definitely try a stone. They are awesome. And pretty inexpensive. I keep mine in the oven all the time - no need to take it out except for an occasional cleaning. It regulates the heat of the oven.

Good luck!

5647b401 e2f0 4e7f aa87 e3eef5dd5390  me

Hi Adri! It'll be considerably more difficult to do this on a baking sheet because it doesn't have the same texture or cooking pattern of heat retention as a stone. Two solutions to this problem could be to:
1. Use a cast iron pan. Turn it upside down so the flat base is facing up and treat like a pizza stone.
2. Assemble the pizza on the baking sheet before baking. It won't have quite the same texture, but could definitely still work reasonably well.

Good luck!

Thank you very much!!