Does red quinoa taste different than regular quinoa?

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer about 7 years ago

I think it's nuttier (i prefer it). It takes a little longer to cook, also.

It does take a bit longer to steam (taste for doneness along the way), and the color is divine. Perhaps take a look at this recipe. It's just wonderful.

Yes, there is a subtle difference in taste. Same with black quinoa. Added advantage is that use can use colored varieties to enhance your plating and presentation.

a Whole Foods Market Customer

A little but richer and nuttier. I prefer the red quinoa to the others. I add a little bit more water then regular quinoa and cook it for a few minutes longer.