🔕 🔔

Does red quinoa taste different than regular quinoa?

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer over 6 years ago

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

I think it's nuttier (i prefer it). It takes a little longer to cook, also.

It does take a bit longer to steam (taste for doneness along the way), and the color is divine. Perhaps take a look at this recipe. It's just wonderful.

5f8d7fee 22ef 49ba a6b4 360299864c3e  n3ru8figt0zk0

Yes, there is a subtle difference in taste. Same with black quinoa. Added advantage is that use can use colored varieties to enhance your plating and presentation.

Wholefoods user icon

A little but richer and nuttier. I prefer the red quinoa to the others. I add a little bit more water then regular quinoa and cook it for a few minutes longer.