🔕 🔔

How to store applets?

I just made a batch of applets, but my circa 1946 Fannie Farmer doesn't say how to store them. I'm thinking of lining a tin with parchment, then putting parchment between the layers of applets. Has anyone made these before? Thanks!

asked by Helen's All Night Diner about 6 years ago

Sounds like a good plan, and then I'd press a layer of good plastic wrap over the top and seal it with a good, tight lid. Oh, and probably some powdered sugar between each layer.

Dump the powdered sugar into a fine mesh sieve and sift it generously over each layer before covering it with parchment. Good for you for making them!