Making Fig Preserve

716e0085 139c 47a2 bc6e 64b25fee5fc2  img 8229

Making Fig Preserve and the recipe says to place figs in jar and pour brandy on top. It is 8:30 and all I have that is brandyish is Drambuie, Triple sec, and courvosiere. Do you think I can use any of these in place of brandy? Here is the link to the recipe I am using -
http://www.divinacucina...

asked by Lucia from Madison almost 7 years ago

Sunchowder

I would think that you could experiment with both the Drambuie or the courvosiere and have fabulous results. Good luck!

Lucia from Madison

Actually I use to work in a resturant that used my dad's figs for a dish that consisted of Chicken and figs in drambuie... perhaps I will use that....

Courvosiere is brandy (cognac.) I could see adding a splash of Triple Sec, too.

I love the idea of Drambuie or Courvoisier. I'd love it even more if you'd post that recipe for chicken and figs in Drambuie.

wssmom

Ditto boulangere ... sounds awesome!

Lucia from Madison

Okay. I am going with the Drambuie... I have more of that than the Courvoisier! Thanks for the help!

Seriously, I'm picking up some figs tomorrow, and this sounds beyond heavenly.

Lucia from Madison

But seeing I like Courvoisier more than Drambuie that is what I added!

Beautiful website, Lucia. Thanks for the link. Divinacucina's fig preserves look out of this world. Your chicken and figs sounds the same. Please, oh please, oh please!!!!!

Lucia from Madison

I won't get more figs until later this week. I will try to make the dish but not sure if work schedule will allow it... But I will let you know if I do make it!

Beautiful jar of lusciousness. Even some hints as to how to prepared the dish would be welcome. You've truly put me on a quest here.

Lucia from Madison

Okay the recipe is quite simple. It is from Nancy Lee who owned Nancy Lee's in New Haven. Just want her to get the credit on this one...
Dredge the chicken with flour. Saute. Add the drambuie. Add sliced figs and reduce.

I just happen to have picked up chicken thighs today along with those lovely figs. Thank you SO much! I'll report results.

Lucia from Madison

Boulangere- got this recipe today in an email. Chicken, Figs, Goat Cheese and Port!
http://www.chow.com/recipes...