A question about a recipe: Quinoa and Kale Crustless Quiche

0f57980d 71fd 4114 a143 a99722a878bf  2018 0118 quinoa kale crustless quiche 3x2 julia gartland 7281

I have a question about the recipe "Quinoa and Kale Crustless Quiche" from Hilarybee. Could yogurt cheese be substituted for cream cheese?

asked by mward almost 7 years ago

EmilyC

Hi mward -- Yogurt cheese should work. There was a previous foodpickle about cheese substitutes for this quiche. Someone subbed greek yogurt and had good results -- and feta and goat cheese were other recommendations. Enjoy -- I'm looking forward to making this myself!

Definitely--I used plain yogurt and it was fine. Wonderful in fact.

a Whole Foods Market Customer

Microwave a teaspoon of YC for five seconds or until very soft. Feel and observe texture. Refrigerate for ten minutes. If it went from solid to viscous and then back to its original texture you can safely substitute.

mward

Thanks, everyone, for your answers!

Hilarybee

Sorry I didn't get to this one, I've been out of the country. Did you try it with the yogurt and did it work? I'd love to know!