🔕 🔔

Recommendations for a good meat thermometer?

Hi -- Any recommendations for a good meat thermometer? I'm on my fourth probe thermometer (all Polder brand)...they seem to last for about 1 to 2 years then stop taking temperature accurately. I really like the fact that you can leave the probe in the meat, and just have it beep when the desired temperature is reached. Alternatively, I've considered a Thermapen...worth the money? Any other good ones to consider? Thanks so much!

asked by EmilyC about 6 years ago

0dcfb05c 8a90 480f 8cf7 cbc33e9a6b5c  me

OXO has a new digital leave-in thermometer that runs about $40, it's great brand. I guess I am old-fashioned but I like the dial ones better (easier to read), so I went with the OXO instant-read one that cost me $12 and it suits me just fine!

53573b8d 4bf0 4ffd 843d b2e617cfeb6b  dscn3274
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

I use an OXO instant read also

549d9fb3 53ef 4170 b68e 8bae2e055be7  dsc 0048b

After breaking many of the inexpensive ones, I finally went for the Thermopen and it is so, so easy to use.