Recommendations for a good meat thermometer?

Hi -- Any recommendations for a good meat thermometer? I'm on my fourth probe thermometer (all Polder brand)...they seem to last for about 1 to 2 years then stop taking temperature accurately. I really like the fact that you can leave the probe in the meat, and just have it beep when the desired temperature is reached. Alternatively, I've considered a Thermapen...worth the money? Any other good ones to consider? Thanks so much!

asked by EmilyC about 7 years ago

wssmom

OXO has a new digital leave-in thermometer that runs about $40, it's great brand. I guess I am old-fashioned but I like the dial ones better (easier to read), so I went with the OXO instant-read one that cost me $12 and it suits me just fine!

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

I use an OXO instant read also

healthierkitchen

After breaking many of the inexpensive ones, I finally went for the Thermopen and it is so, so easy to use.