🔕 🔔

I need a recipe for zuchinni bread

My current recipe requires way too much refined white sugar. I'd prefer less of this and would like texture (nuts and or other fruit?) and a gluten free recipe if possible. Thanks!

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer almost 6 years ago

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

Here you go! http://www.food52.com/recipes...

Wholefoods user icon

This is the recipe that I especially like baking in the early fall when there is an abundance of zukes in my garden.
It's a GF twist on an old family fave!

Spiced Gluten Free Zucchini Bread

(3) Eggs
1/2 cup light olive oil
1/2 cup demerara sugar
1/2 cup pureed dates
(1) smooshed ripe banana
(1) 1/2 cup Almond flour
1/4 cup ground flax
1/4 cup finely grated carrot
(1) cup grated zucchini
1/2 Tablespoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon each of : cardamom, cinnamon, allspice, freshly grated nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
1 cup chopped walnuts

1.) Blend eggs with electric hand mixer in a large bowl until slightly thick and creamy yellow in color. Add demerara sugar; continue whipping for 30 seconds. Add Dates and bananas to eggs and sugar, whip another 30 seconds or until combined. Be careful to not over blend!

Grate carrot and zucchini. Place in a kitchen towel forming a ball and wring out excess moisture. (this may be done in two batches) Add carrot and zucchini, with freshly grated ginger to egg and fruit mixture; blend well.

In a separate bowl using a fork combine Almond flour, ground flax, baking powder, baking soda,salt, cardamom, cinnamon, and allspice.

Incorporate dry ingredients into wet mixing until smooth. Stir in walnuts. Pour into small sprayed 9 inch loaf pans ; I like to use my 1.1 Liter loaf Pyrex in 2 batches, or make muffins with extra batter.

Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 65 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick in the center of the loaves removes cleanly.

P.S. This makes outstanding french toast!

Here is a wonderful easy recepie that was a crowd pleaser:
http://infooditrust.blogspot...

Wholefoods user icon

Yum, Thanks!