🔕 🔔

What is the best method for chopping up a block of chocolate?

I want to make the Chocolate Oatmeal cookies, but I am wondering if there is a better way to chop up the chocolate. I always end up with a mess.

asked by thirdchild about 6 years ago

445e20c3 ae7c 4384 a5f7 c63a3b70db4d  img 2825

I just chop with a serrated knife, but you could put the chocolate in a ziplock bag and smash with a rolling pin, frying pan, or some such implement.

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

The main thing is to make sure the chocolate is cool so it doesn't start melting right away. I use a large chefs knife so I can chop a lot at once. And you can use a pastry scraper to pick up the chopped chocolate and get it into a bowl. It still makes a bit of a mess but these tips should help contain the mess!