🔕 🔔

Is it necessary to peel the skins from beets?

After roasting them, I tend to struggle removing the skins (not to mention the pink fingernails!) . . . .

asked by lovesitc about 6 years ago

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

I don't like to eat beet skins. Try using a plastic produce bag to pick up the beet, and rub off the skin.

0dcfb05c 8a90 480f 8cf7 cbc33e9a6b5c  me

Removing the skins from beets can be a struggle, but you wouldn't want to eat the skin of a beet any more than you'd want to eat the skin of celery root. After roasting them, I use a small paring knife to help peel off the skin rather than just my fingers; you can avoid the pink fingernails (such a hot look these days!) by using rubber gloves.

F5f738ce d84d 46ae 90ce 1fb6b6051af3  yaa

I put a colander in the sink to catch the skins, then rub each beet between my hands under a stream of cold water. I find the skins rub off very easily while getting washed away by the water.

It's easy to skin the beets after they've been roasted. They slip off with just a little help from a paring knife.

Thanks for the answers :) I really appreciate the input.