A question about a recipe: Revenge of the Pear Crisp: What would be the manual equivalent of the stand mixer in this recipe?

6ffbe5f1 efd1 42c5 8b22 12afc377d4e5  pear crisp

I have a question about step 6 on the recipe "Revenge of the Pear Crisp" from Lizthechef. It says:

"Using a standing mixer with a paddle attachment, combine the butter, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Mix for 2 minutes on medium-low speed. Using a rubber spatula, stir in the toasted almonds."

asked by Panfusine about 7 years ago

There'sAlwaysPie

I wouldn't think you would have much of a problem if you just use a handheld mixer for that step.

Panfusine

Thanks.. I was hoping to hear that!

wssmom

It is not my recipe (and it is a wonderful recipe!), but before I got my stand mixer, I would use a wooden spoon and a lot of elbow grease. Depending on how strong you are, mixing it for about four or five minutes by hand should work fine. The best gauge is your eyes!

Panfusine

Like this suggestion even more wssmom, thats usually what I end up doing !!

Lizthechef

Sure - I have this standing mixer but often prefer to grab a strong fork or spoon and go at it!