🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Ginger Apple Torte

8bdb1c29 226b 4b16 aca8 a30809bbd586  2016 1027 ginger apple torte mark weinberg 402

I have a question about step 4 on the recipe "Ginger Apple Torte" from drbabs. It says:

"In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar till fluffy. Beat in two eggs. Beat in lemon zest, ginger, molasses, rum, and vanilla extract. (The mixture will look curdled. It's OK.)"

If I don't have a stand mixer with paddle attachment, only a food processor, can I still do this step? Should I do it by hand? Shall I find another dessert to serve?

asked by DAVILCHICK about 6 years ago

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

Hi Davilchick. I'm so happy you're making my cake and I hope you like it. The purpose of the mixer is to whip a lot of air into butter/sugar combination. The more air you can whip in, the lighter and higher the cake will be. I've never made it in a food processor. Do you have a hand mixer? If not, you could do it by hand, just whisk away with as much elbow grease as possible.

De505756 9ac4 4f49 b3cd 10022370f41c  barbara davilman

Oh, I can go get a hand mixer!! That'll work? Fantastic. Thanks! And I'm sure the cake will be delicious! Can't wait.

11a5dc99 9cd2 4f28 916e 5bee541e8aa7  400584 2795982053875 1473082837 n 1

I've done it by hand and it turned out great!