What is/are the best brands of whole wheat pasta?

asked by DianneD about 8 years ago

phyllis

Here's a link to an article by Melissa Clark from the NYTimes. She did a taste test of some whole wheat pastas and makes her recommendations.

http://nyti.ms/bdROWY

latoscana

Try Bionaturae, available at Whole Foods and similar places. It's not gritty or heavy. They claim it's because they dry the pasta slowly.

Mr_Vittles

Barilla Plus is pretty good and can be found most easily.

None. They are all gross. Better off with a small portion of a premium brand of reg pasta. I think some are here in the food52 shop. Rustichella I think?

prettyPeas

I really like the flavor or Rustichella d'Abruzzo Farro pastas. They are quite expensive (over $5/pound), but are the only whole grain pasta I truly enjoy, rather than tolerate, or notice it is not that bad compared to the real thing.

janehelen

I'm a fan of Whole Foods 365 brand. Not heavy or "wheat-y". I also like Gia Russo (I may be off by a letter in there) for the same reasons.