A question about a recipe: David Eyre's Pancake

8ea75f18 fd12 49d0 82b6 68d36f42b096  1966

I have a question about the ingredient "cup whole milk" on the recipe "David Eyre's Pancake" from amanda.

Does it need to be whole milk? I only have 1% in the house!

asked by crowflies about 7 years ago

I haven't tried it with 1% but it should work. If you have any cream, add 1 tablespoon.

wssmom

I don't want to speak for Amanda, but I always seem to have the wrong kind of milk on hand for recipes! Whole milk has about 4 grams of fat per half-cup while 1% milk has 1.25 grams per half cup. You can make up the difference by starting with a 1 1/2 tablespoons of half and half (if you have some) and then adding the 1% milk to add up to a half-cup, or by adding 2 teaspoons of melted butter to the 1% milk. You can use the 1% milk, the pancake will be just a little drier.

crowflies

I didn't have any cream in the house so I just used the 1%. It turned out just fine and absolutely delicious! Thanks for the help!

Thanks for the follow-up -- glad it worked out!

crowflies

This recipe will be a regular on my table at all hours of the day*

wssmom

Yay!

Danielle Marie

I used half/half and it was fine