A question about a recipe: Buttered Corn And Noodles

6a4037a7 7196 4f8f 86dc 0d4b12c4906f  13643 buttered corn and noodles

I have a question about step 2 on the recipe "Buttered Corn And Noodles" from aargersi. It says:

"Start a pot of water boiling for the noodles. Cut the bacon into lardons and crisp it in a large skillet. When it is nice and crunchy, remove it to a paper towel and drain all but a thin coating of bacon fat. Put the heat on medium add the butter and the corn to the skillet. Season with a pinch of salt and a couple of grinds of pepper."

What would you suggest to substitute for the bacon to make this a meatless dish?

asked by veggiemama almost 7 years ago

wssmom

It is not my recipe, but having made it, I think that any meatless bacon product (Lightlife Veggie Bacon or Morningstar Farm Veggie Bacon Strips) would work for the smoky flavor and crunch.

I agree! Sorry for late answer - the notification hit my junk box - boo. Anyhow, wssmom is right on in my opinion!

You'll Want to Eat These Soy Sauce Eggs with Everything

Game changed.

Momofuku's Famed Soy Sauce Eggs

From filling salads to warming soups, we've got you covered.

Easy Lunch Ideas

A weeknight slam dunk.

Miso Butter Skillet Chicken

Get Set for the Best

And why Sunday is, hands down, the best day of the week.

American Expat Life in Paris