A question about a recipe: Buttered Corn And Noodles

I have a question about step 2 on the recipe "Buttered Corn And Noodles" from aargersi. It says:

"Start a pot of water boiling for the noodles. Cut the bacon into lardons and crisp it in a large skillet. When it is nice and crunchy, remove it to a paper towel and drain all but a thin coating of bacon fat. Put the heat on medium add the butter and the corn to the skillet. Season with a pinch of salt and a couple of grinds of pepper."

What would you suggest to substitute for the bacon to make this a meatless dish?

6a4037a7 7196 4f8f 86dc 0d4b12c4906f  13643 buttered corn and noodles
Recipe question for: Buttered Corn And Noodles

wssmom
wssmom September 25, 2011

It is not my recipe, but having made it, I think that any meatless bacon product (Lightlife Veggie Bacon or Morningstar Farm Veggie Bacon Strips) would work for the smoky flavor and crunch.

aargersi September 26, 2011

I agree! Sorry for late answer - the notification hit my junk box - boo. Anyhow, wssmom is right on in my opinion!