A question about a recipe: butternut squash noodle kugel

C4b76f87 7611 41ae 95d6 7b5f8d227944  photo0166mjtw

I have a question about the ingredient "Small container sour cream" on the recipe "butternut squash noodle kugel" from DUZE.

What size qualifies as a small container of sour cream and ricotta? 1 cup or more?

asked by janerac about 7 years ago

ATG117

I can't imagine it would be more than 8 ounces. I'd be tempted to say 6. But I'd eye it. You're not baking, so there's definitely room for experimentation. You're looking for a nice ratio between egg noodles and the "custard," leaning towards a bit more "custard than egg noodles, but not so much that the egg noodles are drowning.

linchan77

i think the small containers are 15 oz. i have not seen ricotta in smaller containers than that. sour cream comes in smaller containers though, 8 oz i think.