🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Raspberry Custard Cups

8926ebc6 7027 480e a6c7 245e4572f686  food52 07 12 11 195

I have a question about step 6 on the recipe "Raspberry Custard Cups" from SLD. It says:

"Sprinkle with the brown sugar. Set aside for one to two minutes, or until the sugar melts. Alternately, if you want the sugar to brulée, put them back under the broiler briefly. Be sure to watch them carefully and pull them out when the sugar is bubbly but before it burns."
Could I use a kitchen torch instead? I assume that's the idea you're going for here.

asked by nka2 about 6 years ago

Cbfb27ea 071f 4941 9183 30dce4007b50  merrill

Yes, a torch should work nicely with these -- you just want a crackly top.

Dcca139f 78d5 41a3 b57b 6d6c96424a1c  img 7818

Yep -- your kitchen torch would work great here. I tried it and it worked fine.