🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Simply Raspberry Muffins

Edc34bda c517 433d 9f28 f2873e3ac5e3  food52 07 12 11 107

I have a question about the recipe "Simply Raspberry Muffins" from fiveandspice. Can I use heavy cream instead of creme fraiche? If so, the same quantity? Thanks

asked by This Little Piggy (Lisa) about 6 years ago

You will lose some of the tang that creme fraiche provides but yes you can sub in heavy cream in equal amounts. If you still want that bit of tang I would use mostly heavy cream with a touch of sour cream, buttermilk or even yogurt.

C4b35b3e a030 4605 bcae f5a7ba4644f4  sausage2
fiveandspice

Emily is a trusted source on Scandinavian Cuisine.

You'd also wind up with a slightly wetter batter, which would change how the fruit distributes, but I think it would still bake up just fine. As DebS says, you could use a mix of cream and sour cream or yogurt.