Presale! 2 new cookbooks from Food52. Claim your signed copies »
🔕 🔔

loaf pan for gluten free bread

Hi!

I have a recipe for GF bread that calls for baking in a loaf pan size: 7.5" x 3.5".
Would this recipe work in a pan that is "8.5 x 4.5"?

Thanks!

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer over 5 years ago
766e7ce3 8394 4788 8337 bbd8a8d3a07e  5.15.11 coconut macaroons best sm

I bet it'll work just fine. Expect your loaf to be thinner overall when using the larger pan. Gluten-free bread tends to be a sticker bread dough than gluten-based breads and you can get a higher loaf out of it by filling the loaf pan fuller than you would normally. This is probably why the recipe calls for a smaller loaf pan--so it can get a good solid sandwich-type height.

0dcfb05c 8a90 480f 8cf7 cbc33e9a6b5c  me

Yes, I agree with Syronai, that pan size will be fine. It will just not be as high as a smaller pan.

Keep an eye on it though, it probably won't have to bake for as long.

Join Our Email List!

Inbox Inspiration:

Our newsletter is brimming with recipes and features that have us talking—dive in!

A Joyful Home:

Sign up to get $10 off a first purchase of $50 or more in our shop full of tools & treasures.

Come On In:

Join our humming community and get dibs on events, peeks at new cookbooks, and a surprise or two.