🔕 🔔

Can I make milk or semisweet chocolate from bittersweet chocolate?

I am making hundreds of truffles to give as party favors at my wedding. I can get a really good deal on Sharffen Berger 70% chocolate on Amazon, but it may be a little too dark for many people. Can I simply add more cream and sugar-- or will this result in a more liquid-y ganache and a less firm truffle?

Any general tips on truffle making/preserving are also greatly appreciated. Thank you all!

asked by 1tsplove about 6 years ago

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

I am not a truffle expert but make fruit and nut bark during the holidays. I mix some milk chocolate with my dark to take the edge off. By adding more cream it may make the ganache too thin.

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

Don't add extra cream or sugar, as it affect the final texture. If you wanted to sweeten up the dark chocolate you could do a blend of dark plus white or dark plus milk like sdebrango suggested. I wouldn't vary from the recipe by too much or your ganache may not be stiff enough. I've found this site to be helpful for candy making in general: http://www.baking911.com...