🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: World's Easiest Falafel and Tzatziki

823c5ac6 846d 4e7c a039 62ecca3bfe83  2017 0425 world s easiest falafel bobbi lin 23796

I have a question about step 3 on the recipe "World's Easiest Falafel and Tzatziki" from marisab67. It says:

"Form into patties and let rest while tzatziki is made."

Is the resting of the patties important? I'm using tzatziki from the Turkish grocer. Can I just fry these straight out of the food processor??

asked by eternalgradstudent about 6 years ago

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

The rest lets the ground chickpeas hydrate, lets moisture distribute and the patties firm up so they keep their shape. Also lets the spices 'bloom' so it's tasty!

You can fry them right away, but they might not hold together as well as if they get to sit for about 10 minutes,