🔕 🔔

Ghirardelli Brownie recipe question

I really like the taste and consistency of the recipe on the back of the canister of Ghirardelli Sweet Ground Chocolate and Cocoa
http://www.food.com/recipe...

But I don't have any of that. Has anyone ever made a cobbled up version?

asked by nutcakes almost 6 years ago

It's a packaged product, and there's really no practical way to make it yourself. Maybe take a look at this one and see if these ingredients match your pantry:

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

From the Ghiradelli website http://www.ghirardelli...

"Ghirardelli Sweet Ground Chocolate and Cocoa and Ghirardelli Unsweetened Premium Cocoa: For 1 cup of Ghirardelli Sweet Ground Chocolate and Cocoa, use 1/2 cup Unsweetened Premium Cocoa and 1/2 cup sugar. Mix together prior to adding to the recipe."

The sweet ground chocolate and cocoa contains dutched (alkalized) cocoa, so I would use a dutched cocoa for the substitute.

Thanks hardlikearmour, I will try it, but I don't have dutched.

boulangerie - I took a look but I am reluctant to try new brownie recipes since I'm particular about the texture and I don't like the inside to be too wet/raw as many seem to like.

Since the brownie recipe doesn't call for baking soda, regular cocoa will likely work fine. I say give it a go! The worst that happens is it doesn't come out to your liking.