🔕 🔔

Does anyone have a good recipe or suggestions for Tofu Scramble?

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer about 6 years ago

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

This looks like a really good recipe:

3ebec671 6b41 4ac3 bc14 7bb079ff1d2c  ging

I like to use lots of garlic and sauté some fresh spinach, tomatoes, onions and mushrooms in veg or olive oil with diced or crumbled extra firm tofu. I usually add a pinch of cayenne and turmeric for color. Crumbling up some veggie sausage (my fave is morningstar) gives it some good flavor too. And if you eat dairy, shredded parmesan on top. If not, substitute some nutritional yeast flakes.

My other favorite tofu breakfast is dicing it and frying until golden with garlic and spices and then covering it with a vegan gravy. I will post a couple of my favorite veggie and vegan gravy recipes...the vegan gravy is a great veggie option for thanksgiving. Very tasty!

We love this:
http://www.eatingwell.com...

4de32233 9b14 42ac bf6a 7a02a8474e54  dsc 0034

i to make it with stir-fried sprouts (crunch!) and sliced mushrooms (umami!). a couple sprays of braggs and you're all set to go!

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

The recipe I use calls for a swirl of soy sauce at the end, then letting it cook until it all boils off. I think this is what makes the dish -- let it go, stirring off and on, until the crumbles are crisped a bit. And make crumbles -- with a fork or squeeze by hand -- texture is just right. And use firm tofu -- not extra firm or soft -- you don't want it to bounce.