🔕 🔔

Can I use regular "long cook" polenta in a cake recipe that asks for instant polenta?

I have tweeted this question also.
I have polenta where the instructions indicate a 30-45 minute cooking time so I guess that's regular long cook polenta. However I am looking to bake some cakes that call for instant polenta, what would be the possible impact on the finished product of using the regular "long cook" polent instead of the instant? Many thanks for your answers.

asked by Earth Mother about 6 years ago

Yes, I make a polenta cake with the long-cook variety, and its texture is wonderfully rustic.