🔕 🔔

I'm hunting for a sweet and sour beets recipe suitable for canning.

asked by jwlucas almost 6 years ago

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

This might be a trick question - in my experience pickled beets are sweet and sour by necessity for canning. I have my mother-in-laws recipe that has been used for years and years and here is one from simply recipes that is like the one handed down
http://simplyrecipes.com...

5ba86c99 9458 4f29 aba0 0796577d2cea  jwl 001

It might just be as simple as that. I don't want typical pickling spice. I'm aiming for the flavor of childhood - which is not to say my mother cooked this from scratch, but rather that it likely came from a Jewish deli.