A question about a recipe: Butternut Squash Posole with Green Tomato Pico de Gallo

I have a question about the ingredient "red chile paste (directions to follow)" on the recipe "Butternut Squash Posole with Green Tomato Pico de Gallo" from thirschfeld.

Can you point me in the right direction for the "red chile paste" you listed? I typically use Sirach, but only in asian dishes; would this work here?

boulangere October 9, 2011

After the ingredient lists for the pico de gallo and the posole, read step 1 of the instructions. That tells you how to make the chile paste. It is very much worth following Tom's method because its flavor profile will be much more suited to the posole than Sriracha. It's truly an amazing set of flavors.

thirschfeld
thirschfeld October 10, 2011

Step one in the directions will tell you all you need to know to make the chile paste. I love sriracha but I am not sure it would give you the authentic flavor here,