🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Butternut Squash Posole with Green Tomato Pico de Gallo

C7062470 f12c 4686 9bd8 0e4787ba55be  image tjh5477

I have a question about the ingredient "red chile paste (directions to follow)" on the recipe "Butternut Squash Posole with Green Tomato Pico de Gallo" from thirschfeld.

Can you point me in the right direction for the "red chile paste" you listed? I typically use Sirach, but only in asian dishes; would this work here?

asked by threwblurryeyes almost 6 years ago

After the ingredient lists for the pico de gallo and the posole, read step 1 of the instructions. That tells you how to make the chile paste. It is very much worth following Tom's method because its flavor profile will be much more suited to the posole than Sriracha. It's truly an amazing set of flavors.

72b8c92f c97c 49cf 8fc2 4b08462521f6  me

Step one in the directions will tell you all you need to know to make the chile paste. I love sriracha but I am not sure it would give you the authentic flavor here,