A question about a recipe: Soupe au Brocoli Pistou

I have a question about the ingredient "white beans" on the recipe "Soupe au Brocoli Pistou " from Loves Food Loves to Eat.
Do you use canned white beans or the dried ones? Would like to make it tomorrow and need to know if I need to add time to soak the beans. Thanks.

6ffe4b3e f29f 4118 a298 19e7e619662e  pistou1
Recipe question for: Soupe au Brocoli Pistou

SKK October 10, 2011

You can use either canned or dried. One cup of dried beans makes about 2 1/2 cups of cooked beans. If you use dried beans, you would have to have them fully cooked before you add them to the soup. Reading the recipe you only cook all the ingredients together for the length of time it takes the pasta to become al dente. Not long enough to cook the dried beans. Sounds like a great recipe.

Loves Food Loves to Eat
Loves Food Loves to Eat October 12, 2011

SKK, thanks for answering in time for KarenO to make the soup! I used canned beans. But, I bet it would be delish if you cooked the beans in the broth and used that as the base!

Loves Food Loves to Eat