🔕 🔔

Eggy spanakopita

I'm wanting to make spanikopita, but I'd like to make it eggier for a breakfast. As I still want nice crispy triangles, should I soft scramble the eggs and fold them into the spinach and feta before filling? I fear that the eggs wouldn't set up properly in the time that it takes for the phyllo to get all nice and brown.

asked by emadethis almost 6 years ago

4421619e f544 4703 9273 6e95dc123a79  black picture small

I have not tried this, but I definitely wouldn't add just raw scrambled egg because it will be wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too watery....your idea of soft scrambling first sounds good....I would definitely try this and see what happens...good luck...sounds like a great morning treat.