OK, so I just made the pumpkin salted caramels -- now how do I clean up my whisk, pot, etc??

asked by KitchenLittle almost 8 years ago

Michael Hoffman
Michael Hoffman

Food52 Alum

Hot water is going to be your friend here. Boil water in the pot. Soak your whisk in there too. The sugar should dissolve.

KitchenLittle

thanks! I was thinking boiling was going to be the answer -- but I don't want to accidentally make more caramel :)

Mr_Vittles

Just fill the pot up with water and a few drops of soap. Boil it for awhile until the all the burnt sugar comes off form the sides of the pot.

KitchenLittle

thanks to both -- it worked like a charm ... now if I could just speed time so the caramels cool enough to cut and eat them!

Michael Hoffman
Michael Hoffman

Food52 Alum

You are very welcome. I accept payment via cash, check or caramels. ;)

betteirene

LOL, Michael Hoffman. And I thought I was the only comedian on this site. Will you be here al week? ; )