🔕 🔔

Taking almost 60 seconds for hotline to load

I have a strong connection and wondering if this is just because the wonderful site is up for the first day or if I am doing something wrong?

asked by SKK almost 6 years ago

39c04017 7e7e 43b2 9344 e529de61a1bd  kandm
Kristy Mucci

Kristy is an expert at making things pretty and a former Associate Editor of Food52.

Pretty sure it's just because the site is new -- bugs are being worked on!

E29013c2 3e90 48ab b297 41e445e1e562  sunshine small
Peter

While Peter no longer works for Food52 he still thinks up ways to make the website better.

SKK, to paraphrase something I'm sure I've said to one too many girlfriend in my past... "it's not you, it's us." Seriously, while we crossed a lot of T's and dotted a lot of i's, the loading time for the Hotline is TERRIBLE and something we have on our radar.

Thanks for bringing it up though -- I'm sure you're not the only one who noticed so hopefully others will take solace in your post.

Too, Peter, as though you need one more problem right about now, I've been dropped from the server several times today while trying to post a question which by now I've completely forgotten. I'm guessing that it's because of high volume, but just in case I need to take it personally, just give it to me straight.

Unfortunately, paging ahead or back is taking a long time, too. Thing seem much slower in general.

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

This too shall pass.
A major re-design of an existing site will have problems. Venus won't rise out of the ocean on the half shell with every thing intact. I'm actually surprised the relaunch/design is working as well as it for the first day.
Kudos to all! And especially Peter.

Peter

Sam1148, thanks for the patience and praise. Truth be told though, while I did my part, the real heroes of this project are some names you don't usually hear mentioned at Food52: Cam, Gareth, Kfir, Jon, and Oka pulled most the late nights.

I have to say, I found the foodpickle was slow to load and slow to upload a post before the site upgrade.

0dcfb05c 8a90 480f 8cf7 cbc33e9a6b5c  me

Thank you Cam, Gareth, Kfir, Jon and Oka! I know how excruciating getting a new site up and running can be!!!

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

Cheers to Peter, Peter's sense of humor and the brilliant team of Cam, Gareth, Kfir, Jon, and Oka!

At first I thought that it was my computer, but now I think that might not be the culprit. This is working VERY S L O W L Y. I also see that there is no more "Foodpickle". It is now "Hotline". I tried to respond to Hotline entries on Twitter, but was unable to do so on my iPad. I have always been able to do that before. I am now writing this on a PC.

Peter, you are now going to have to come up with a different excuse when you break up with someone, unless you only go out with people who don't look at this website!