🔕 🔔

Gluten free crackers

Does anyone have a good recipe for gluten free crackers? The recipe I want to make calls for 1 1/2 cups flour. Thanks in advance!

asked by SKK almost 6 years ago

62da2e3c 5d4a 4c43 a2ed feb7f39ad363  with ab

Gluten-free girl has some great ones here: http://glutenfreegirl.com...

766e7ce3 8394 4788 8337 bbd8a8d3a07e  5.15.11 coconut macaroons best sm

SKK: I'd love see the recipe you're using. I've generally found that using a large amount of starch produces better gluten-free crackers (closer to 50:50 with regular flours). But it all depends on the type of cracker you're looking for.

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

Thanks for getting my question more focused. The recipe is for Savory Cheddar and Parmesan Crackers here http://www.cookincanuck... I am a sucker for anything savory, Syronai.

That recipe looks quite similar to the base for Fig and Blue Cheese Savouries. The Savouries call for 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup butter, 4oz blue cheese. No egg yolk, but that should only serve here to make them richer and to offset the drier cheeses used in these crackers. I'd leave the water out and only add it if the dough seems too dry. Then use this gluten-free flour mix (the ratio I use for the Savouries, adapted to replace 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour):
3/4 cup brown rice, amaranth, or sorghum flour (120g)
3/4 cup 3/4 cup sweet rice flour (120g)
3 Tbls tapioca starch/flour (25g)

The cup measurements are approximate; the gram measurements are accurate to the ratio I use. The pine nuts should also help hold them together, so it's possible you won't need as much flour as I use in the Savouries. You could try using a little less total flour to begin, then adding more as seems needed for the dough.

These look amazing, by the way. Let me know how they turn out! And bring me some. =)