Enter contest

I am somewhat patiently trying to enter a recipe in the Roast contest. When I go to the Contests page and click on the orange ball that says Enter Contest, here is where it takes me:
http://www.food52.com/cooks...
Are you going to extend the deadline, by any chance?

asked about 7 years ago

P.S. I'm using Safari

Now it's taking me to my recipes page. I guess that's an improvement!

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

Boulangere: Go to "recipes" and quickly ( and I mean Quickly!) hit "add a new recipe" and it should take you to the recipe format..you can enter the contest after entering the recipe.. Are you as frustrated as I am? I'm not receiving any notifications of threads I've contributed to or comments etc. I'm just checking constantly..Tom thinks I'm crazy!

As I mention below, this is the first laugh I've had from the whole experience. Frustrated doesn't come close. My office mate has gotten seriously sick of my groaning all the time. I suspect she's delirious that I won't be in tomorrow.

ipk, I love you!

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

So happy you were able to get your recipe on and entered!

I just clicked on enter a recipe and it took me to boulangere's recipes. Not mine.

Here is what happens when I hit the enter recipe button:
http://www.food52.com/cooks...

I am about falling off my chair laughing!!!! The animals are fleeing the kitchen en masse!!!!

Me too! My dogs think I'm nuts!!!

Just did it again and this time i got Savour!!!

This is the first laugh I've gotten out of the whole experience!

I'm having exactly the same problem here. At the moment, and we are about three hours away from deadline, it's impossible to enter anything new.

Quick, everyone, follow In Pat's Kitchen's instruction above. It's working for the moment for me.

just don't forget to enter your recipe into the contest after you've finished typing it up!! which has happened to me before and it stinks.

TheWimpyVegetarian

How wild. All afternoon the contests button has been taking me to the roots contest with a banner saying contest closed.

Yes, I've been getting that for the past 2 days.

I decided not to enter anything else to this contest, still can't figure out the photo thing. Next time. At first I couldn't see where to add a recipe. I do now. Wow, a wild ride indeed!

Wild ride - great description!

Just for fun, I tried clicking on the orange Enter Contest ball again on the Contests page. It took me to niknud's recipes page. Finally got mine (thank god I only had one!) entered. To hell with Tom's advice about shooting with natural light. It was fading by the second as I tried typing with my fingers crossed that it would actually submit. Good grief, I'm as exhausted as I was after giving birth to the son and the daughter.

It is exhausting trying to figure it all out. I couldn't wrap my brain around it all tonight, felt like I was on overload. I don't want to enter recipes when I don't have the pictures taken yet and there is still no way (at least that I can see) to add a photo after you have published the recipe. Glad you got yours in "b" its beautiful I would love a big hunk right now.

Lizthechef

I give up.

I surrender.

TheWimpyVegetarian

Me too. I need to take a break with a big glass of wine. Your recipe looks wonderful boulangere. I'm sure things will get all ironed out; the wonderful food52 folks are, I'm sure, aware of all the bugs and I'm equally certain they're burning the midnight oil trying to resolve. We'll get there. Just not tonight.

I'm done. This has been more work than work this week. I've got to take some time away and hope things improve.

And thank heaven another contest topic is another week away. Good night, friends!