A question about a recipe: Moroccan Lemon Chicken with Olives

I'd like to update the image of my recipe, but I don't see an option to do that. Any guidance would be appreciated! :)

Ca4228bd e281 4b87 85a0 d3590f063b9c  img 3872
Recipe question for: Moroccan Lemon Chicken with Olives

Kristen Miglore October 17, 2011

Hi there -- do you see the button below the current photo on your recipe page that says "Add a photo"? It's on the left side, right next to the "Edit" button.

If you don't see either of these buttons, please let us know (and tell us whether you're on Mac or PC and which browser you're using -- Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, etc.) Thank you!

theshiksa
theshiksa October 17, 2011

Hi Kristen! Thanks for getting back to em quickly. No, unfortunately I don't see the add a photo button, or the edit button, on my recipe page:

I'm on a Mac using Firefox. I am able to enter the edit recipe function via my profile (on the Recipe I've Added tab), but when I enter the edit recipe function there is no place for me to upload a photo, only ingredients and steps.

sdebrango October 17, 2011

I am hopping on also, no add photo on my recipes also, I have a mac and use safari.

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen October 17, 2011

I don't have this option either..I'm on a PC using Firefox...and I'm still not getting any notifications by e-mail!

hardlikearmour October 17, 2011

I don't get the edit or add photo buttons, either. I tried using both IE and Firefox on a PC.

Kristen Miglore October 17, 2011

Thank you all for reporting these details! It really helps us. Our developers are already looking into this as a high priority issue.

AntoniaJames October 17, 2011

I still do not have either the "edit" or the "add photo" button under any of my recipes. I'm using Chrome on a PC. And I'm not receiving any notifications, either. ;o)

hardlikearmour October 17, 2011

I'm getting the notifications w/o trouble. I use a g-mail account for food52, and that seems to work. At first some things were ending up in the "spam" box, but that was fixable with g-mail.

Droplet
Droplet October 17, 2011

I don't have that option either. I am not trying to update a photo at this point, but I plan on adding a couple of recipes as soon as I get a chance to this week. I use IE on a PC.

hardlikearmour October 17, 2011

As long as you upload the photo when you upload the recipe it should work for you at this point.

Droplet
Droplet October 17, 2011

Ah, ok. I'll make sure I do it that way. Thanks a lot, HLA.

Droplet
Droplet October 17, 2011

And no notifications either since the changeover (not even spam). Sorry, meant to mention it all in one post.

AntoniaJames October 17, 2011

Actually, it seems that I can edit a recipe from the list of all of my recipes on my profile page. There appears no way, however, to manage photos from the recipe text editing page. HLA, thanks for the tip re gmail. I'll switch my setting. I prefer sending all mail to Outlook, as I can manage the flow of email traffic more to my liking there. I create rules to sort the mail into folders, which helps minimize the distraction, given that I use the same laptop for work and play. ;o)