🔕 🔔

Glass versus metal baker

Do I need to have a glass or ceramic baking dish for casseroles or can I use a metal baking pan?

asked by zanrobertson about 6 years ago

62da2e3c 5d4a 4c43 a2ed feb7f39ad363  with ab

I use metal all the time and have no problems. Sometimes I find that my edges get a bit crispier in the metal, which I like

7b500f1f 3219 4d49 8161 e2fc340b2798  flower bee

You don't have to have one but if you bake a lot of casseroles that have a crispy cheese top , there is an advantage to owning a ceramic one, because cheese burns easily around the edges and that is hard to clean from a metal pan. The ceramic ones are sleeker and less porous and with a little soaking any baked- on bits come off easily.