Foodpicklers - do you ever experience this? When answering questions on Foodpickle, I often click on topics in which I have answered a question to see what other people say after I have posted a reply. When I do this, I often (maybe 40% of the time) find out that my reply has a "like" attributed to it, and it says that I am the one who "liked" the answer. These seems silly to me, as it creates the appearance that I'm actively promoting all of my own posts. Is this happening with anyone else?

asked by Jon Palmer about 8 years ago

TiggyBee

Yes, that happened to me before where it says "you liked this answer" and I thought I may have accidentally hit the like button, but when it happened again, I knew that I didn't so I think it's just a glitch. Also, I think that you're the only one who can see it, because if I'm surfing the site and not logged in, it just says "1 person liked this" and not my name. It must be a glitch of some sort..

Yes, it's happened to me several times.

TiggyBee

mrslarkin, I'm going to have to "like" your answer.

healthierkitchen

So glad it isn't just me! I did email food52 about this and at the time they weren't able to pick up the glitch. I don't know if they can see who liked each answer either. Now I stay logged off when surfing questions, until I want to answer one, and then log back off again.

Mr_Vittles

Yes its happened to me a few times. I always feel kind of weird about it too. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

it just happened to me right now!

Oh, TiggyBee, you little rascal.

anyone

I thought everyone was just liking there own answers for whatever reason. Funny!

betteirene

Yup. And sometimes it says I'm logged in, but I can't submit an answer because I must be logged in first, so I log out, go to the home page, click "log in," click onto a topic, and sometimes it lets me reply and sometimes I have top log in one or two times more.

BTW, I like all of you, but I never click the "like" tab because I don't want the whole world to know what I like (and don't like), and besides, if I forget to "like" one of you, you'll think I don't like you, but I really do, so I have to either "like" everyone or no one. Like it or not, I think we all click. . .Sorry.

Food52
Food52

This is from your friendly editors at Food52.

Hey guys -- thanks for letting us know how widespread this bug is! We're looking into it.

gigiaxline

I thought it was just me! Thanks for bringing it up.

Christina Ward

All the time!

Happens to me too.

phyllis

Me too. It's just a bug and now that the question has been asked, perhaps, it will be put on the list to be fixed!!!

innoabrd

I thought I must have accidentally clicked something...

Another bug: sometimes when I'm looking at a foodpickle topic, the answers have been re-arranged out of chronological order...

Jon Palmer

Thanks everyone. Now I've got a fantastic excuse to go and like all my own replies! Blame the site!

TiggyBee

@innoabred - the reason the answers get re-arranged out of chronological order is that as soon as an answer has been "liked" it jumps ahead of all the other answers and if more than one has been "liked" it goes by the time posted. That's what I've noticed anyway.

nutcakes

It happened to me too, fyi

Food52
Food52

Hey everyone -- are you still seeing this automatic liking bug? If so, how frequently? Thanks!

Mr_Vittles

@Food52 It still occurs, maybe every 3 posts of so.