Foodpicklers - do you ever experience this? When answering questions on Foodpickle, I often click on topics in which I have answered a question to see what other people say after I have posted a reply. When I do this, I often (maybe 40% of the time) find out that my reply has a "like" attributed to it, and it says that I am the one who "liked" the answer. These seems silly to me, as it creates the appearance that I'm actively promoting all of my own posts. Is this happening with anyone else?

TiggyBee
TiggyBee October 29, 2010

Yes, that happened to me before where it says "you liked this answer" and I thought I may have accidentally hit the like button, but when it happened again, I knew that I didn't so I think it's just a glitch. Also, I think that you're the only one who can see it, because if I'm surfing the site and not logged in, it just says "1 person liked this" and not my name. It must be a glitch of some sort..

mrslarkin October 29, 2010

Yes, it's happened to me several times.

TiggyBee
TiggyBee October 29, 2010

mrslarkin, I'm going to have to "like" your answer.

healthierkitchen
healthierkitchen October 29, 2010

So glad it isn't just me! I did email food52 about this and at the time they weren't able to pick up the glitch. I don't know if they can see who liked each answer either. Now I stay logged off when surfing questions, until I want to answer one, and then log back off again.

Mr_Vittles
Mr_Vittles October 29, 2010

Yes its happened to me a few times. I always feel kind of weird about it too. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

mrslarkin October 29, 2010

it just happened to me right now!

mrslarkin October 29, 2010

Oh, TiggyBee, you little rascal.

anyone
anyone October 29, 2010

I thought everyone was just liking there own answers for whatever reason. Funny!

betteirene
betteirene October 29, 2010

Yup. And sometimes it says I'm logged in, but I can't submit an answer because I must be logged in first, so I log out, go to the home page, click "log in," click onto a topic, and sometimes it lets me reply and sometimes I have top log in one or two times more.

BTW, I like all of you, but I never click the "like" tab because I don't want the whole world to know what I like (and don't like), and besides, if I forget to "like" one of you, you'll think I don't like you, but I really do, so I have to either "like" everyone or no one. Like it or not, I think we all click. . .Sorry.

Food52
Food52 October 29, 2010

Hey guys -- thanks for letting us know how widespread this bug is! We're looking into it.

gigiaxline
gigiaxline October 29, 2010

I thought it was just me! Thanks for bringing it up.

Christina Ward
Christina Ward October 29, 2010

All the time!

pierino October 30, 2010

Happens to me too.

phyllis
phyllis October 30, 2010

Me too. It's just a bug and now that the question has been asked, perhaps, it will be put on the list to be fixed!!!

innoabrd
innoabrd October 31, 2010

I thought I must have accidentally clicked something...

Another bug: sometimes when I'm looking at a foodpickle topic, the answers have been re-arranged out of chronological order...

Jon Palmer
Jon Palmer October 31, 2010

Thanks everyone. Now I've got a fantastic excuse to go and like all my own replies! Blame the site!

TiggyBee
TiggyBee October 31, 2010

@innoabred - the reason the answers get re-arranged out of chronological order is that as soon as an answer has been "liked" it jumps ahead of all the other answers and if more than one has been "liked" it goes by the time posted. That's what I've noticed anyway.

nutcakes
nutcakes October 31, 2010

It happened to me too, fyi

Food52
Food52 November 10, 2010

Hey everyone -- are you still seeing this automatic liking bug? If so, how frequently? Thanks!

Mr_Vittles
Mr_Vittles November 10, 2010

@Food52 It still occurs, maybe every 3 posts of so.