Received rump steak instead of chuck - what to do?

I was planning on making my mom's boeuf bourguignon for dinner tonight. I always use chuck, and I don't think that the version I know works well with a leaner meat. The problem is, I am currently living in Geneva, Switzerland and speak almost no French. So when I went to the meat counter at the supermarket, I said something to the effect of, "I search for beef for bourguignon. I do not know chuck in French" and then nodded as the woman spoke to me very rapidly and cut off... something. Which I now realize is rump steak. I have the usual ingredients for bourguignon - onions, mushrooms, garlic, red wine, stock. Thoughts on how to modify?

asked by LucyS about 6 years ago

LucyS

To add to the problem, I just realized she also cut it into cubes! Thoughts?

mainecook61

Beef B is forgiving. Just simmer it until it is tender. I prefer to do it in the oven.

You might expect the rump to be a bit tougher but it should still work.