Anyone else having trouble signing in or navigating?

The site seems to have significantly slowed down. Tonight, when I try to load the site, 3 times out of 4 I get a blank screen. When I try to navigate to a tab, I get a message of Internal Server Error, and have to start all over again. It's taken me about 10 minutes to get to be able to post this question. All I really want to do is find a cook on my saved cooks page and send her a message. Carrier pigeons are looking very attractive.

asked almost 7 years ago

LOL, maybe they are working on the site, I noticed that the module with what comments, what is saved etc.. is gone. There must be some construction going on.

Thanks, sdb, glad it's not just me. You're much more observant than I.

I also had some vicious circle behavior earlier this evening, but it went away. Somewhere Amanda recommended reloading for another problem, so add that to the defense options. I switched from one operating system to another (Internet Explorer to Firefox) and had no more problems. They seem to be working crazy hours (New Yorkers!) and sometimes disengage and re-engage. (Once I asked on Foodpickle about what to do, my oven wouldn't go on and I had a yeast dough almost ready to be baked, called the service people who told me to turn off the circuit breaker, wait 30 seconds, then turn it on -- and it worked! Maybe we need that mentality until this transition is complete.)

Great advice susan g, and yes -- our developers have to do a lot of restarting to get changes implemented and they try to do it during lower traffic times so fewer people will be affected, including weekends. Often, if you check back in a bit and reload your page, things will be better behaved. Thanks for hanging in there.

I've not been able to do a recipe search. When I put a recipe name in the search bar, it takes me to the chocolate baguette page.

Thanks Kristen and susan g!

Yikes, hardlikearmour -- I'm getting the error page too, on and off, in Chrome and Firefox. I just let the developers know. If you're looking urgently for something specific, it might be worth trying a few more times -- otherwise hold off to preserve your sanity.