🔕 🔔

a question about pineapple sage.

I was gifted a large bunch of pineapple sage. I haven't ever used it before. Would love to hear what y'all do with this herb.

asked by mrslarkin almost 6 years ago

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

I used to grow it and mostly I just appreciated it. But figure that for other places you'd use sage, it will just add that bit of fruity, almost citrus-y overtone. People use it in potpourri, and it could be an interesting autumn addition to fruit salads and sorbets.

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

Here is an interesting recipe for Pineapple Sage Poundcake. http://theessentialherbal...

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

Don't you hate sage, mrslarkin? Maybe you could use it in/on your butternut and sage scones. It might also be nice in an apple crisp.

22b9ddc9 fc61 48a3 949e dee341974288  liz and dad

Thanks for the suggestions, guys! I never cared for regular sage much. It's got a really strong aroma. But it tastes great in the butternut scones! :)

Woo! Pineapple sage butternut scones! May be the best use any of us could come up with!