a question about pineapple sage.

I was gifted a large bunch of pineapple sage. I haven't ever used it before. Would love to hear what y'all do with this herb.

asked by mrslarkin over 6 years ago

I used to grow it and mostly I just appreciated it. But figure that for other places you'd use sage, it will just add that bit of fruity, almost citrus-y overtone. People use it in potpourri, and it could be an interesting autumn addition to fruit salads and sorbets.

Here is an interesting recipe for Pineapple Sage Poundcake. http://theessentialherbal...

Don't you hate sage, mrslarkin? Maybe you could use it in/on your butternut and sage scones. It might also be nice in an apple crisp.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys! I never cared for regular sage much. It's got a really strong aroma. But it tastes great in the butternut scones! :)

Woo! Pineapple sage butternut scones! May be the best use any of us could come up with!