🔕 🔔

ACTIVE YEAST VS. QUICK RISE YEAST

HI ALL,
iS QUICK RISE YEAST THE SAME THING AS ACTIVE YEAST, OR ARE THE TWO TOTALLY DIFFERENT?

WOULD LOVE ANY ASSISTANCE YOU CAN OFFER

THANKS!

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer almost 6 years ago

First of all, you wouldn't want to use an "inactive" yeast. You wouldn't get a rise! So all yeast you're interested in is "Active."

Personally, I don't like the yeast marketed as "quick-rise." I have found that they really don't rise much faster than "Active dry yeast", and that the bread/pizza dough/whatever you're using it on rises unevenly and the finished product often has really large air holes . I much prefer the texture achieved with the "regular" dry yeast.