Good news, new problem --- regarding the site

I just answered a Hotline question, and timed the response at 10 seconds. That sounds great to me! But a funny thing is happening: on PC/Internet Express, when I go on the site lately, it says Hi, susan g!, but asks me to log in to participate (answer, comment). I don't think this is happening on Firefox (same computer), and it's just been the last few days. Maybe happening on my computer?

• Posted by: susan g
  • October 25, 2011

susan g October 25, 2011

And when I try to log in, a black veil falls over the page, with nothing on it.

melissav
melissav October 25, 2011

I am having the same problem on my computer at work (pc) but not at home (mac). On the pc, I cannot post any responses or ask questions. Also, the view is off when I look at recipes. The screen is blank and i have to page down for the recipe to start. Also, the list of questions on hotline don't line up right. Anyone else having these problems?

Kristen Miglore October 26, 2011

Hi all -- sorry about these annoying issues. For now, you can try reloading your page, then clearing your Food52 cookies if needed. Please let us know if the problems persist -- it's possible they're just temporary, with all the various work and server restarts our developers are doing behind the scenes.

pierino October 26, 2011

I don't have a problem reading or answering questions, but as mentioned early the questions as posted don't line up correctly on the screen. You can't really distinguish who is asking the question and how many answers there are.

Kristen Miglore October 26, 2011

Pierino, that sounds like a real pain. Can you take a screenshot to show our developers what it looks like and either post it here or email it to [email protected]? Also let us know what internet browser you're in and whether you're on Mac or PC. Thank you!

Niknud
Niknud October 26, 2011

Here's what my screen looks like - IE/PC

Kristen Miglore October 26, 2011

Thanks so much Niknud -- would you mind emailing your screenshot to me at [email protected]? The Hotline image display is squashing it down so much that it's difficult to see.

Niknud
Niknud October 26, 2011

Only if you bring back Eat Your Words....just kidding! :) Sending it now.